Use a single calendar entry for any news release that is about a single event with one name.
Make duplicate copies of your calendar entry if/when your news release is about multiple events with different names and different dates.
This includes season announcements, performance series, and similar. (DO NOT USE FOR FILM FESTIVALS.**)
To save time by duplicating your calendar entry, follow these steps–
- Enter the entire news release as a MISC (miscellaneous) event.
- Click DUPLICATE to automatically populate a copy of your entry WITHOUT the Miscellaneous Category, EVENT NAME, or DATE info.
- Give the second (third, fourth etc.) entries different EVENT NAMES
- Select a more specific category for that single event (theater, dance, art, music, museum, travel—Do NOT make this single event “MISC”)
- Enter correct date info for that single event.
By duplicating your calendar entry you save time—your duplicate entry will automatically copy/paste and input the organization name, best URL, PR contact email, if open to review, photo location, and copy the news release.
**Please enter Film Festivals in the MISCELLANEOUS category and also send an email to [email protected] specifying which films have screener links for reviewers.